Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Wednesday 15 June 2016

Flowers

I heard on the Radio today that it is British Flowers Week this week 
- and it struck me how perfect it is that we actually
 have a week that celebrates all things floral !


I am not a great gardener, and certainly cannot claim to be in any way green fingered 
- but I can confess to having a full on love affair with fresh flowers.

Whether they are wild, meadow flowers, 
collected on a dog walk through the fields ....


.... or the most beautiful of bouquets,
 already arranged and delivered in brown paper wrapping .....


.... I simply cannot resist them.

They don't have to be complicated, highly developed specimen pieces,
just the simplest of garden flowers will do.

They don't even need to be madly colourful,
plain and simple white does me just fine.


From frothy, old fashioned roses,  


                                             to the flowers that grow on our Snowball Bush,


to the Wisteria that is slowly but surely covering our Pergola ..... 


... they just get me right there !


And whilst we may not be enjoying a bit of a wet June -
 our garden is loving every minute ....
and that, in turn, makes me a very happy bunny.



3 comments:

  1. What wonderful shots of your gorgeous garden. It's very wet over here too and my balcony garden plantations have been suffering a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers are beautiful things aren't they!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea there was a British flowers week, but I love it! I also love your wisteria Kate, it's magnificent ♡ Enjoy the rest of your week. Jxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥