Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Thursday 5 December 2013

Just time for this...

 
Thursdays is a 'not at Nursery work day' but a ' do stuff at home day'.
There was quite a big long list of to do jobs but you know, they just weren't calling me.
Sooo much to do but there was something else beckoning that promised to be so much more fun...
on the kitchen table was a lovely pile of Christmassy bits and bobs.
 

Some red, cream and grey felt heart bunting,


some red, cream and grey bells,

 
and some little green and red bird pegs...


... all the ingredients needed to put together some little
Christmas favours for our work Christmas Party this Saturday.
 

We have 30 lovely ladies who work at the Nursery
and so 30 little pressies to be put together.
 
Nothing too complicated, just cutting the hearts from the bunting string
and tying the bell and the heart together with a little label.
All topped off with a little Christmas bird peg.
 
 
A lovely way to pass an hour and quite definitely more
fun than the laundry or the weekly food shop.
 

7 comments:

  1. That is a brilliant quick make, lucky ladies! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty little gift for your nursery ladies! You are so talented Kate. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kate, I was googling for some red, grey and cream felt heart bunting when your web site popped up with exactly what i was looking for! Would you please be able to tell me where you found the bunting? I had a quick look at a few of your crochet makes and find them absolutely wonderful, what talent! I discovered crochet last christmas and taught myself with the help of you tube and i am totally hooked now. I love the endless choice of colours available and the different types of yarn but i really struggle with the choosing process, even with the help of a colour wheel! Corinne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Corinne, yes, of course I can, no where particularly special...Sainsbury's ! Pretty sure all their decorations are half price now as well. I paid £5.00 for a string of 12 hearts. Hope that helps.
    I taught myself to crochet on You Tube as well, and like you I am hooked !
    Hope you pop by to visit again,
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Kate, i've just looked on the website and they are gone, only brown and cream left but i'll pop into the big store nearby and see if they still have them!
      I'll definitely follow your blog now, you are in my favourites already!! Corinne x

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous idea! Love the colours of the hearts and bells, and the little birdie pegs are the perfect finish. Happy weekend, Kate.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea ... who wouldn't like to receive one of these :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥