Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Monday 25 November 2013

Whoosh, there goes another week...

There was a very big and resounding sigh of relief at the end of the day on Friday as the weekend finally arrived.
Another busy week had just whooshed by.

I found myself crocheting in a waiting room on Thursday afternoon and it got me wondering where the strangest place is that anyone has ever crocheted ... would love to know !


Even though the weekend wasn't much less manic than the week it was a change, different things to do, different places to be, different things to get done, ...


...presents that needed to be wrapped and dispatched to New York...


...presents that needed to be finished off...


and, big tingle of excitement ....
 Christmas decorations that needed to be packed up and sent on their way to Gilly at Gilly Makes as my little contribution to Ladybird Diaries Christmas decoration swap.


This project has been so much fun to be involved in. 
I have absolutely loved thinking what to make, spending time making it and all the time 
enjoying being part of the lovely blogging network.

 

 I'm afraid you'll just have to wait a couple more days to see whats inside the boxes as I don't want to spoil the surprise for Gilly, but I did remember to takes lots of photo's before they were posted.

Strangely though in all the busyness I found myself ordering another little batch of wool. because I really haven't enough to do right now clearly!


Some lovely Rico soft merino aran in the colour pebble,


to make this....... 


I just couldn't hold it off any longer, I LOVE it !

It was in last months copy of Simply Crochet and every now and again I've taken a little peek at it, but I can no longer resist, it has to be made.



12 comments:

  1. If that's for I'm not going to wear it :-) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you've spoilt the surprise Mr E, it so was for you !
      K x

      Delete
  2. It sounds as though it was a very busy week Kate! I hope that the waiting room wasn't anything bad. I crocheted on a plane earlier in the year, but that is quite common I think (although unusual for me!). Hope that this week is a little less busy for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy
      I've often wondered if you can crochet on a plane because you can't knit because of the pointed needles can you ? x

      Delete
    2. I just put the crochet hook in with my pens in my bag and stuffed the yarn into my bag as well, and pulled it out when we sat down. No one said anything. I should say though that this was on a flight to Italy, so don't know if within europe made a difference, although I was reading a blog today and the person had been crocheting and knitting on a flight to mexico. I think the thing is to be prepared that they might take the hook/needles away and if you accept that give it a go! xx

      Delete
    3. I think I would do the same, a crochet hook would do a lot less damage than a pen or pencil wouldn't it, and it's ok to take them.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! I did laugh at your husband's(?) comment! My daughter leapt on that picture as soon as she saw it in my magazine - it's so cute. I can't wait to see you modelling it.

    I think I've crocheted in a variety of places but none terribly strange - on the bus, the beach, the edge of the swimming pool. I wasn't sure about taking a hook on a plane last time we travelled but, as you say, I wouldn't have thought you could inflict serious damage with one!

    Three cheers for this wonderful world of blog!

    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are enjoying the swap, I am too and I am so excited to see what everyone makes for each other! I have never crocheted anywhere unusual...I think I will put it on my list of things I must do! Love the hat/scarf in Simply crochet, it is so lovely and looks a lot of fun to make.
    Marianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay, I'm glad you're making it! I've had my eye on that lovely hat/scarf as well...Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥