Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Wednesday 21 August 2013

Two sides of the coin...

  When I look at these two pictures I have two very different lots of feelings:  A big sigh because it's nearly a week since Meg moved out and all of her things are now in her lovely new home, but then a little inside hooray because I have a room to do up !


  A couple of weeks ago I saw this beautiful vintage eiderdown and just knew it was going to have to go in Megs room when it became our new spare room. I love, love, love the deep red berry colour and think it will make the room welcoming and cosy.


  I have bought some lovely  Clarke and Clarke spotty fabric for the curtains in the same colour as the eiderdown.
 
 So, a good start, but most exciting of all... 

... we NEED to go to IKEA, whoopee !

  Oh how we love flat packs - this chest of drawers is pretty much the only bit of furniture, other than the bed, that the room needs.


♥ Of course it needs the matching mirror !
 

 Isn't there always one ... turn your back for 2 seconds and look what happens .
 
 
 Picked up a couple of bedside lights on the way through Lighting, I really like the slightly retro feel of these glass bases.

And so, that's it, we're ready to begin. Mr E is very kindly going to do a quick freshen up paint first, in my colour of the moment, so let the fun begin...
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. My husband asked how I fancied spending my last birthday and I chose Ikea! A bit sad perhaps but true! Love that chest of drawers - I look forward to the 'ta-da' photo.

    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the 'ta-da' photo as well !!! Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥